How to become a Rising Star! ⭐️

tl;dr?  Answer questions on community and start getting them accepted by other users.  Here's an article on finding questions to answer, a guide to writing A+ answers, and free training resources from Atlassian University to help you build your skills!

Read on for lots more....

Rising Star Certificate v3 (2).png

Your Atlassian Community Journey

You may be starting as a new user, but it's easy and rewarding to work your way up through the ranks of the Atlassian Community!  I'm New Here is the rank where everyone begins. Your next step is Member, and you can earn this rank by making three posts or comments - anywhere!

Becoming an active member

Work your way up through the badges by posting content, starting and participating in discussions, liking content, and having your content liked.                                    

Kudos to you

Want to earn extra rewards as you go? Join the kudos program to start earning mission badges! The kudos program is a reward system where you can earn points and badges for participating in activities in the Atlassian Community. If you’re looking to get more active, Kudos missions will lead you to new and exciting groups full of people like you. 

With repeatable and limited edition missions, you can earn kudos points and move up the ranks of our quarterly leaderboard. Each quarter, you have a chance to become a Leader of the Pack and earn yet another exclusive badge. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 12.45.02 PM.png

Getting your High Five

A "high five" is a recognition for members upon receiving 5 accepted answers in the online community. Recognitions are distributed every Wednesday in a dedicated thread. Come check it out and drop in some celebratory GIFs for our amazing answerers! We love them.

pamjim.gif 

Getting more involved

You might decide to answer questions and earn your Answerer badge and join the Atlassian Answerers group. But, having accepted answers is not the end-all be-all to becoming an amazing part of our community. Asking questions, or even just leading a member in the right direction, are awesome ways to give back to the community.

Participating in groups and discussions frequently is another great way to get engaged. Weekly topics such as Miscellaneous Monday, Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and signing up for Friday Fun are just a few ways to interact with other people and get to know more about the Atlassian Community.

Getting published

Feel yourself to be more of a Shakespeare? You can share your knowledge by writing and publishing high quality articles. Eventually, becoming an Atlassian Author.

The Atlassian Community is an excellent place to build a library of work for the benefit of your readers and for your career. Authors have the added advantage of working directly with members of the Atlassian Product teams, giving them exclusive insight into upcoming campaigns and focus areas.

Getting recognized

In celebration of all the questions you’ve answered, the solutions that have helped others, and the upvotes you’ve receive - we recognize the community members who have become increasingly active and participatory as our Rising Stars. Rising Stars will earn a certificate of achievement, kudos badge and will now get a visible lozenge next to their profile name for their dedication to the Atlassian community!                  

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 1.59.23 PM.png

Community Leadership
Once you've gotten your Rising Star certificate, you're in a great place to apply for our Community Leader program and its amazing benefits - in addition to the upgraded community lozenge. If you're nervous about applying, don't worry - even if you don't qualify quite yet, we'll coach you on any requirements you might be missing and help you get there.  That gives you access to free Certifications, a private Slack channel, direct access to Atlassian product teams and executives, and so much more.
We're excited to welcome you to the ranks of our Rising Stars

23 comments

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Saralie S. Please correct my understanding. I believe this post will help future applicants understand the pre-requisites to apply for an ACL given the structured approach and level of community engagement.

Like # people like this
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Thank you for this motivational post. There are a lot of options to give back to the community and to keep learning together. 

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

lol, that reminds me of the rewards.

微信图片_20220923145608.jpg

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2022

Superrr very good initiative for success of our own to Atlassian.

count me in, I should get this.

vikram P

Like # people like this
Courtney - TechTime
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 12, 2022

Awesome, thanks for breaking this down :)

Like # people like this
Jonathan Santos
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2022

Muchas gracias por esta guia !

Like # people like this
Rajshankar January 20, 2023

This is a very good initiative and I hope many people will benefit from it. 

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2023

Just saw the "Rising Star"-Lozenge showing up next to my name. 🌟 Thank you, thank you, thank you! I LOVE IT, and I'm very happy to be part of the Community.

Like # people like this
Jaime Capitel _resolution_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 7, 2023

Hoping to get there soon!!

Like # people like this
Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2023

yes, will do

Like # people like this
Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
June 21, 2023

What a great and motivating initiative! Kudos to everyone involved in making this community thrive! 🌟

Like # people like this
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2023

Saw the Rising Star beside my name in Atlassian. This made my day :) 

Super excited to apply for the Community Leader program and explore its benefits.

@Saralie S.  Meanwhile, when will the certificate be provided? I checked my email and didn't find one. I would like ko share it among my organization and invite other Project Managers and developers in the community.

Hey @Monique vdB  You knew I was on my journey of Community Leader. Now I am heading towards it :)

Like # people like this
Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2023

Hi @Saralie S.  let me know if I need to do anything to claim my certificate and my badge, I was a little off of the community and I didn't know about these rewards.

Thanks,

Omar H.

PS> I have in my profile the recognition "Rising Star"

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Sreedevi Kr November 23, 2023

Awesome thanks for the explanations 

Munnir Abdulhamid December 3, 2023

can't wait to have Rising Star certificate 

Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2023

How do we get one of those "rewards" like @Ollie Guan :)

karim -Atlassway-
Marketplace Partner
December 9, 2023

Like # people like this
Collista Lewingdon
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2024

If we have the rising star next to our name to we actually get a physical certificate somewhere?

Like # people like this
RajinIndia Ind January 11, 2024

Thanks for the details !!

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2024

@Marcus Jones I see you are a Community Leader now - do you have any info on what the "Certificate of Achievement" is?

Like # people like this
Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2024

Hey @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ - Not at the moment but will certainly find out and let you know!

Like # people like this
Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2024

Hey @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ , I was asking around in the community leaders chat and found that this is actually a badge and not an actual certificate of achievement. It's been called a "Certificate of Achievement Kudos Badge", and I think that is causing some confusion. I read it the same way that there is a physical certificate, but it is actually the badge.

~Hope this helps :)

Like # people like this
Joydeep Ghatak February 14, 2024

Thank you for the article.

For a newcomer to the group, this articles explains very nicely how to move ahead!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events