Jira Cloud Outlook add-in error

Nadine Breunig November 25, 2020

Using Jira Cloud Outlook add-ins (Office 365 Enterprise) and it just stopped working (after some administered updates I believe because my computer restarted).  I get an error when I try to use them, all it says is the add-in could not be started and to either restart or ignore.  Trying to restart does nothing.  Our administrator looked in the admin panel and he said there aren't any options for him to uninstall/repair.  I've tried repairing my office installation...HELP?

Capture.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2020

Hi @Nadine Breunig,

Is it still happening to you? If so, could you please try to reinstall the add-in (uninstall and install it again)? If the add-in is installed by your admin, they should be able to reinstall it for the whole organization.

Can you try to install another add-in from AppSource and see if any of them work?

1 vote
Aaron Cruickshank April 13, 2021

I had the same issue and the following fixed it;

• Run inetcpl.cpl from the run box
  • Select the security tab
  • Select the “Internet” zone and “enable protected mode” and OK
  • Close any open browser windows, restart outlook.
  • Click the Jira Create Issue icon
  • It asked me to authenticate twice after this which pops open a browser window. After this I can log jobs again

I’m not sure if it is the protected mode that fixed it or that it simply forced re-authenticating and re-applying permissions. YMMV

Cheers

Aaron

0 votes
Nadine Breunig December 1, 2020

It is still happening when I am logged in under one of our domains, but when I switch users and login to a different domain, it then works.  Must be a quirk of my workstation and domain/user conflicts possibly.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events