It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Rising Star and Fri-yay! challenge badges launching September 1

We have not one but two new badges launching tomorrow! 🎉🥳

Rising Star@2x.png

Firstly, the Rising Star badge. This is a badge that helps light your path to Community Leadershipyness. If you have provided answers, gotten some accepted, and earned your high-five along the way, keep going and you will become a Rising Star.

We encourage all Rising Stars to keep up the amazing work and consider applying for the Community Leader program in the future!

Note that this badge is retroactive, so all our existing Community Leaders will get it too, in commemoration of their Rising Star days. 🌟

Friyay@2x.png

Secondly, the Fri-yay! badge, featuring our community kitty who I’m sure is hanging out and playing with Taco wherever community mascots live.

This one encourages you to participate in at least 10 new Friday Fun threads. You can start with this week's double Friday fun from Jodi; this and all future Friday Fun threads will count towards the badge from now until forever!

There’s only one catch, which is that you will also have to earn the Friday Funmaker badge to collect the set, so sign up if you haven't already!  

Thanks, and happy badge-hunting!

29 comments

YAY! I love new badges! Taco needed a friend!

Like # people like this
DPK J Community Leader Aug 31, 2019

Rising Star Badge Yay!! I want one.

When will be they applied to profiles, and also my last month performance will taken in account or this is 1 September onward?

Like Monique van den Berg likes this
Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Aug 31, 2019

Love these new badges so much!! :)

@DPK J  Fri-yay! will not be retroactive, but Rising Star will be retroactive so all your previous efforts will count.  😉

Yeah - that's awesome - love the idea of the badges. 

lets go start GIF

Yay, feels good!

Looking forward to these badges! 

Amazing, I have to have both badges too!

Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Sep 03, 2019

Amazing!  I need all the badges!

giphy

Like # people like this
Alice Causarano Community Leader Sep 03, 2019

That's awesome! Looking forward to these badges :)

Let's collect a new badges :)

Great idea for badges and nice graphics (especially "Fri-yay")!

I love how gamification has settled down in the online forums. Maybe, from the outside, it's just a badge, but it gives you a little boost, that motivates you to start to be even more active. 

Great idea for the Rising Star badge and who doesn't want something that cheers them on like YAY!

Looks like no more Friday Funmaker spots available :(

Creative new badges :_)   i got one  on my profile , will keep pushing to be a  community leader

to all answerers  keep on the great work, and thanks to Atlassian  for the appreciation 

Like # people like this

@Dharma Ramos there are spots available! You can sign up here

Jeff Tillett Community Leader Oct 17, 2019

@Monique van den Berg , can I get that snazzy retroactive Rising Star badge? :)

what.gif

@Jeff Tillett it's automated, theoretically --  I'm not sure why it hasn't shown up since you meet all the qualifications! Have you tried unplugging it and then plugging it back in again? 🤷🏻‍♀️

For real though, I will dig into this.

Like Jeff Tillett likes this

Awesome tips

Yeah - be on my way. Let's earning some ne badges 😄

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Nov 01, 2019

Hi @Monique van den Berg I completed the 10+ Fri-yay requirements for the community kitty badge :)

Sept 30 - beach reads and personality (double Friday)
Sept 6 - be when you grow up
Sept 13 - bring to moon
Sept 20- celebrate teams
Sept 27 - unique personality trait
Oct 4 - branding colour logo
Oct 11 - favourite folk fest
Oct 18 - favourite board game
Oct 25 - fitness mantra
Nov 1 - zombie apocalypse

I wasn't sure if it was automatic or if you needed us to keep track and let you know when we completed :)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Nov 02, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc either your question prompted a look at a number of people's profiles or I simply got the badge automatically.  I can't believe it's been ~10 weeks since the badge was launched!

Jodi LeBlanc Community Leader Nov 02, 2019

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon I completely agree! I love participating in Friday-Fun, the adorable community cat badge was a nice bonus - a friend for Taco! :)

Like # people like this

@Jodi LeBlanc yes, it is automatic and it has been 10 weeks! So all our faithful Friday Funners should have theirs. Such a cute one.

I think you'll love the next one too.... 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Feedback & Announcements

Marketplace App Review badge is now live!

If you are one of the thousands of users of a Marketplace app, then you’ll love t his month’s community badge ! All you’ll need to do to receive Novembers challenge badge is leave 2 helpful reviews o...

775 views 24 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you