Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to automate the colour of a cover to change as it moves to each list in a flow?

Lorna Leonard
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2020

Using the template funel with Crmble , each list is colour coded , I would like to automatically change the colour of the cover to match the new lists cover colour scheme.

Eg Cold Leads are Blue , Warm are Orange, so if I move a lead card from Cold to Warm I would like the cover to auto change from blue to orange.

Is this possible? and if so how do I do it?

Thanks

11 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Cheesley _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2020

Hey Lorna,

I'm not aware of a way to change the colour of the card 'cover', but you could do something with Butler to either:

• Add or Change the 'label' on the card to one of a different colour (puts a label with the desired colour on the card front)
    OR
  • Add or Change the 'sticker' on the card to one of a different colour

I think the first option would probably be most appropriate. If you want to do this:

1. Go to Butler > Rules > Create Rule
  2. Click 'Add Trigger'
  3. Select the trigger that you want (in your example it would be 'when a card is added to list 'list name' by 'anyone'
  4. Click the green plus button
  5. In the next part, select 'Add / Remove' and choose which label you want to 'add' and add a rule to 'remove' all of the labels you don't want.

The idea is to remove unwanted labels and add the ones you want when you move it to the list.

Hope this helps!

Steve

Chelsea Mandello
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 31, 2021

Same. We want to be able to automate the color based on the label. Feel like this should be a thing.

Like # people like this
Wendy Goodwin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 21, 2021

Absolutely agree 100%.  This is a no-brainer.  We need to automate the color of a card so we can instantly identify the status / category of it.

Like # people like this
Cam Lloyd September 30, 2022

Yep. This would be a great feature! I've just being trying to work out how to automate cover colors. But I see it's not possible.

Mainly interested in this idea due to the recent label pastel colour changes which don't pop or allow easy scanning across cards. 

Like # people like this
10 votes
Santiago Luca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 10, 2023

2023 and this feature hasn't been added. I feel like it would help a lot of people

Ken Cassidy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 11, 2024

2024 now and still isn't added.

The other feature that seems to be missing is the ability to sort all lists from a Board Button. There are options to make a Board Button that sorts one specific list based on labels, for example, but I can't seem to find a way to sort ALL lists as the labels are ubiquitous across that whole board, so it would make sense that we'd want to be able to sort all the "Red" labels to the top of each list, etc.

Like Jason Harper likes this
Mats-Milan L. Müller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 15, 2024

Is there a place where we can communicate this feature or where it already might be ilisted waiting for our engagement to get notified by the developers?

6 votes
John Slack
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 18, 2022

+1

2 votes
Damián Nogueiras
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 7, 2023

+1

2 votes
Renaud Gagne
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 20, 2023

+1

1 vote
Christof Rademeyer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 30, 2024

+1

1 vote
Henrik Mossberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 14, 2024

+1

1 vote
Martijn Franke January 7, 2024

+1

0 votes
Adam McKenna
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 24, 2024

Though not entirely related, I've created a workaround for getting a cover colour for my cards. While not perfect, it does cut out some step.

1. First thing I did was create a label for myself with the specific colour I wanted.  For me, I match up the label colour with the colour of my profile so I can easily differentiate from my team members. 
  2. Next, I created two automation rules (NOTE** These aren't necessary but they add more pop to my own cards).
  3. "when a card is added to the board by me, add the dark yellow '' label to the card"
  4. "when a card is added to the board by me, join the card"
  5. I created a new card called "Template". In this card I put the necessary "cover" colour and size I wanted.
  6. Inside this "Template" card, under "actions" at the bottom right,  I select 'Make Template'. Then I select "Hide from list" > Click "X" at top right.
  7. In my list, at the bottom right, I now see my new template. Instead of me clicking "Add Card" I now just click on this template button and create my new card. 

Hopefully this helps others bypass this lack of "cover" automation. 

0 votes
Twan Berkvens
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 18, 2024

+1

0 votes
AlbertoFajardoCruz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 4, 2024

+1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events