Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning a task on Trello free account

Carly Hopkins July 27, 2020

Hi there, how do you assign a task to a Member on the Trello free account? Obviously the Assign feature isn't available until we upgrade. Thank you.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Ollie
yes I have invited to join the Board, but say I want to add an Action Item for someone to complete, is there a way to notify them without upgrading account?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2020

Still unable to add users to this card?

TIM截图20200728142831.png

Yes I have added them to the card.

So now how do I assign a task to the Member when I Add an Item?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2020

Hi @Carly Hopkins ,

Add members to the card here is equivalent to the allocation of tasks.

Add Members to cards to assign people to tasks, and easily see who is doing what and what still needs to get done.

https://trello.com/en-US/guide/feature-deep-dive.html

Louie January 17, 2023

Hi--But how would you know who owns the task among the collaborators who've been added to a card? In Asana, you can assign the task owner and add team members as collaborators in a card. Does Trello have a similar feature? My concern is a basic project management issue: a task should have ONE clear task owner, otherwise, it won't move.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2020

Hi @Carly Hopkins ,

Have you invited team members to join this board?

TIM截图20200728140457.png

Carly Hopkins July 28, 2020

Thanks Ollie, makes sense :)

Like Ollie Guan likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events