Text highlight color support in Jira Cloud? Comments, Description, etc.

eirens May 16, 2022

We use Jira Software Cloud.

We'd like to be able to have a highlight color on text. So the text might be black (or whatever color), but it would be highlighted in a different color. Yellow, red, green, whatever.

Is there a Jira Jira issue for this that I can vote for and watch dispassionately for a few years while it gets ignored and accumulates a bunch of request comments?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2022

Hello @eirens 

There is no mechanism in either the default rich text renderer or the older wiki markdown renderer to set a highlight (background) color behind the text.

Do a Google search for "jira cloud text highlight" for the other times the same question has been asked.

The same Google search will also find the feature request CONFCLOUD-27894. Since both Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud use the same page description language (ADF), editor and renderer, the feature request affects both products. If you search the Jira Cloud feature requests yourself, you'll find a number of equivalent feature requests for that product, such as JRACLOUD-72631

eirens May 18, 2022

Thank you very much!

Like David Bakkers likes this
eirens May 18, 2022

Unfortunately, @David Bakkers, that's a Confluence Cloud Jira issue. I need this feature for Jira Software Cloud.

David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2022

I've updated the original answer. If it's now correct, please mark it as such.

eirens May 20, 2022

Thank you. Accepting as "answer."

0 votes
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2022

Hi @eirens 

If I got your question right, it looks like you can do that by enabling the wiki renderer in your field configuration for that particular phrase text field. 

Here is a previous question about that https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Change-render-on-custom-field/qaq-p/1774805

Have you tried that ?

Cheers,

Alex 

eirens May 18, 2022

Thank you, Alex. That URL slug says "custom field". So maybe not? Since I want this for comments and Description.

But I'll actually read the replies over there and see if it applies to Description and Comment fields in Jira Software Cloud. Thank you.

Like Alex likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events