Change render on custom field

Екатерина Фомичева August 11, 2021

I created a new custom field and wanted to set up the render on the Wiki Style Render, but in the custom fields settings I don't see the render setting box, and there is no Wiki Renderer Macros Plugin. I have jira version 8.5.3Снимок экрана 2021-08-11 164111.png

2 answers

2 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2021

Hi @Екатерина Фомичева 

You can change Renderer on Field Configuration. Open Project Settings ->  Fields -> Edit icon (you will edit the configuration for all projects using this Field configuration). Find your field and click Renderers option in Action column. 

111.png

There you will be able to select Wiki Style Renderer.

222.png

Best regards,

Piotr

Mari Kent October 11, 2021

This is only working for me for the default fields. I am unable to find this option for any custom fields. 

Fabian Laqua October 11, 2021

This is not under custim fields. You need to look in your field configurations. See my answer above.

Kind regards

Prajwal Ashok Nagrale February 28, 2023

@Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_ , @Fabian Laqua . Does this change in renderer affect the existing tickets ?

Fabian Laqua February 28, 2023

@Prajwal Ashok Nagrale 

Basically not. The tickets are functional even when the render is changed.
However, if you evaluate the text field in any way (for example, searching for substrings), it is best to try this out with a test field. I'm not so sure about that right now.

Like Prajwal Ashok Nagrale likes this
Salim GOMRI February 19, 2024

I agree. It works well !

3 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Laqua August 11, 2021

If you want to change the field renderer you need to navigate over the field configurations. Then you can change the renderer from a custom text field to a wiki type field.

As you can see in the picture below.

change_renderer.jpg

Source: 

How to create WIKI Render (Full text editor) Custom Field - YouTube

Solved: Can I create a custom field like the Description f... (atlassian.com)

I hope, this was the solution you are searching for.

Kind regards.

Suggest an answer