Service desk customer - portal access permission is missing in Grant permission

Deleted user June 19, 2017

I have a problem with my service desk. When I create a service desk i have the same problem of this link:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-60080

I created a new Permission schemes, because the permission scheme created with the service desk have a Unknown security type (sd.customer.portal.only).

the problem is that when i create a new permission scheme I don't have the option Service desk customer - portal access.

Without this option my permission scheme don't work. I have another instance of jira and I compared both bases, but I haven't found any diference.

2 answers

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2017

Hi Tuanny,

Per the Using Custom Permissions article The permissions for customers must be granted to the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access security type instead of the Service Desk Customers role.

In light of that, when you are in your permission scheme and you click show more do you not see what is in the below screenshot:

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 5.47.56 PM.png

If not, please post a screenshot of what you do see and tell me what version of Service Desk you're running.

Cheers,

Branden

Deleted user June 20, 2017

Hi Branden!

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm running version 3.5.1
I do not really have that option on my granting permission.

Without this permission, my desk shows this message

"This service desk project has configuration issues and may not work as expected."

If I see the details about what permissions need to be configured and try to update, the permission scheme is created a new permission scheme with the "Unknown security type (sd.customer.portal.only)"

It appears that the correct security type does not exist.

I've already tried to delete all projects of jira service desk and all permission scheme of service desk and groups created with the installation of the service desk. After this I uninstalled and installed again, but the problem persists

grant permission.png

Jon July 29, 2019

I am having a similar issue.  Did you ever figure out a solution?

0 votes
JSC «Technology Company «Center» February 6, 2019

Hello!

Sometimes, own customizations made on database scheme could be a reason, because Active Objects could conflict with your decisions :)
See this KB article - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Service-desk-customer-portal-access-permission-is-missing-in/qaq-p/599352 

cmartin August 14, 2019

You just linked to this article. :)

We're having this problem too and would love to fix it. 

permissions.JPG

James Taylor September 5, 2019

Did you find the fix for this?  I am having the same issue after upgrading.

cmartin September 5, 2019

Sort of... :)  The problem we were having was a bit more far-reaching and included us not being able to edit/view Service Desk permissions entirely. However, applying the fix for that we do now see the Portal Access role. So maybe it might work for you?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6521

We were able to fix our problem by running the SQL statements there. HIGHLY recommended to test out in a test environment of course.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events