Not receiving verification email for new account

きんせいは August 3, 2021

Hello, I am facing the same issue on my email.

This is my email address.

[address redacted]

Can you please help me?

8 answers

2 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2021

Hi @きんせいは ,

I've found your email address on our mail service's suppression list, due to this error returned by your organization's mail server a couple days ago:

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuch... - gsmtp

We often find this happens when new email addresses are created, and invitations from Atlassian Cloud are sent before the mailbox is completely configured on the mail server. I've cleared the error from our mail service. If your mailbox is working normally now, you should be able to receive the next invitation attempt (you may need to have an administrator resend the invitation).

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

ADITYA GAHLAWAT October 24, 2021

Hey @Daniel Eads 

I have the same issue. I registered with my work mail when migration to Gsuite was going on. And my work mail was not created on the Gsuite platform at the time I registered on Jira. And I am not receiving verification email for new account.

This is my work mail : <Removed by Atlassian Support>

Like İ_ Burak Tanrıkulu likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2021

Hi @ADITYA GAHLAWAT ,

I found that on October 22, an invitation was sent to your work address but it wasn't ready to receive mail yet. This led to our mail system putting a pause on additional emails to that address. I've cleared out the pause - you should be able to try again and get the verification email now.

Cheers,
Daniel

Like İ_ Burak Tanrıkulu likes this
İ_ Burak Tanrıkulu October 21, 2022

Hi @Daniel Eads ,

I have the same issue. My mail address was not ready to receive mails yesterday. But today it can receive mails. Can you check my email at your system too please?
Thanks in advance.

Mail: [address redacted]

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
October 21, 2022

Hi @İ_ Burak Tanrıkulu 

I found there was a suppression listed for that email address:

554 5.7.1 : Recipient address rejected: Access denied

I have removed this suppression from our side

Like İ. Burak Tanrıkulu likes this
İ. Burak Tanrıkulu October 21, 2022

@Andy Heinzer Thank you!

0 votes
Davie Apon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2024

asdsad

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2024

Hi @Davie Apon 

I found there was a suppression on your account.  There was bounce message with an error of:

550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. [AMS0EPF00000192.eurprd05.prod.outlook.com 2024-04-03T08:07:35.594Z 08DC533034E3B722]

This specific bounce message is known to be caused by a restrictive filtering system in outlook or Office365.  I'd recommend trying to follow the steps in Unblocking Office365 emails for Atlassian Cloud - Atlassian Community  to prevent this happening again.  I have cleared all suppressions for all users on that domain, but I expect that this will happen again if you don't follow the steps in that KB.

Thanks

Andy

0 votes
Cyrille GAVORY
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 8, 2024

Hello, I am having the same issue with the address [redacted]. The email is not in the junk folder. Could you help me with that? 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
January 8, 2024

Hi @Cyrille GAVORY 

I took a look at that account, but I have only seen three messages sent to that address from noreply@am.atlassian.com in the last 30 days, and all of them show as being delivered from our side.

If that account is still not receiving notifications from us, you might want to reach out to your mail admin.  It is possible that these messages could have been received by the mail server, but quarantined by some kind of spam filtering before the user's inbox.

Like Cyrille GAVORY likes this
Cyrille GAVORY
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 16, 2024

Hello @Andy Heinzer

thanks for the reply, I have the same issue with another user manon.thibaut@lhotellier.fr. It doesnt seem to be coming from ou email server because most user get the code. I will get in touch with my mail admin.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2024

@Cyrille GAVORY Looking at that particular email address, I don't see that user has ever created an account with us.  You might want to have them creating an account first over in https://id.atlassian.com/signup

Alternatively you can try to invite that user to your site, but I have not seen any attempts to send email from our Cloud systems to that exact address in the last 30 days at least.

0 votes
Shloimy Levinger June 28, 2023

I am having this issue now. Admin is trying to reset their password and they arent recieving the verification email. 

Any help?  @Andy Heinzer @Daniel Eads 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2023

Hi @Shloimy Levinger I found at least one account on your domain that was being suppressed.  I recommend having that user try to resend the verification now, it should go through.

Andy

0 votes
Luc Meels June 27, 2022

Hi,

I do not receive my account verification mail on this mail adress:

<Edited out by Atlassian>

I recently created this email adress so I think this adress is also added to the suppressions list.

Could someone from the Atlassian Team please unblock this adress from their mail service such that I can receive emails again?

Cheers,

Luc

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
June 27, 2022

Hey @Luc Meels , I've cleared out the suppression for the email you mentioned. If you (or someone with Exchange Admin privileges) can complete the steps in Unblocking Office365 emails for Atlassian Cloud , that will help prevent future bounces that might put emails from your organization onto the suppression list.

Cheers,
Daniel

Like Tomas Liem likes this
0 votes
Héctor Leal June 7, 2022

Hi, 

I am having the same issue in my new company. I am not receiving the verification email in my inbox [address redacted]. I have checked all the stuff and can't understand why I can not work over Jira. Could you please help me with that?

Thanks

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
June 7, 2022

Hi @Héctor Leal I found that email address on our suppression list.  I have removed it from that list.  Try to resend the verification email once more now.  You should be able to receive it now.

Héctor Leal June 7, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer , I'm still not receiving the verification email. Is there another way to verify my account?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
June 7, 2022

Sorry to hear that. I found that this address was also within another suppression system. I have removed that as well.  Please try once more. 

Andy

Héctor Leal June 7, 2022

Hey @Andy Heinzer 

I'm receiving the verification mail now.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Hector

0 votes
Daniel Silva Jiménez May 11, 2022

Hey. 

I am having the same issue in my new company. I am not receiving the verification email in my inbox. I have checked all the stuff can can't understand why I can not work over Jira. Could you please help me with that. 

Appreciate!!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
May 13, 2022

Hi @Daniel Silva Jiménez 

I am not seeing your email address within our suppression lists at this time.  Ask your site-admin to try to re-send the verification.  If you're using a different email address please let me know.

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2021

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/New-invitation-email-does-not-arrive/qaq-p/1618076

There is the possibility that the email is bounced, but it would be necessary to open a support ticket with Atlassian to check about it.

so you can wait a moment + check junk mails

then create an atlassian ticket

Suggest an answer