New invitation email does not arrive

imwz February 18, 2021

I was trying to add a new account for a new team member. I then found out the email address did not exist. So I added it and resent the invitation link from Atlassian. I resent many times, but the email did not arrive. I tested the new email address from another team member's email address (under the same domain) and it did come through. Did read at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/The-invitation-email-does-not-arrive/qaq-p/1417983 that you may be able to remove a block that was created as first invite could not be sent properly. Can this be done for us as well?

1 answer

1 vote
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi there,

There is the possibility that the email is bounced, but it would be necessary to open a support ticket with Atlassian to check about it.

One workaround that I saw one time that worked is to ask the user to install Jira Cloud app on mobile and have a password reset from the app. As a result, the user would immediately get the email in the mailbox and could access Jira.

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Carlos

imwz February 18, 2021

Well I just installed the Jira Cloud App on my iPhone and requested a reset. Sent to the same email address again.. or so it said it did. But besides other emails from Github, myself the account shows none from Atlassian. I did check spam as well. Nothing.

imwz February 18, 2021

Just created a support ticket. Do hope to hear from them soon, but it seems they are lacking staff a.t.m. due to severe weather in the US.

carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi there,

I really understand how frustrated this can be. Unfortunately, I'm not able to troubleshoot this as their support team, because they can access the logs and check what is really happening to the email invite, what I can't.

May I suggest waiting for some answer from them and then you can let me know if you need any help with it?

Regards,

Carlos

Like imwz likes this
imwz February 18, 2021

I decided to use another email address. I do not want to wait several hours just to get another member on one of our Trello boards. He is in now.

Suggest an answer