How to restore deleted ideas for a Product Discovery board?

Gina Novoa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 16, 2024

Dear Community, 

Last Friday, I accidentally created a duplicate view in my Product Discovery roadmap. I then had to delete the default ideas from that view. However, this morning, I realized that I mistakenly deleted all my roadmap initiatives from all the views. Is there a way that I can restore my deleted ideas? I can't seem to find a restore bin or a change history option like in Confluence to go back to the previous version and recover all my ideas. Can someone please help? Thank you so much!

3 answers

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2024

Hi @Gina Novoa and welcome to the Community!

I don't quite like being the bearer of bad news, but deleting issues from Jira is quite destructive, I'm afraid. Unless you have a good backup solution in place, there is no recovery option anymore.

Deeply sorry that I can't bring a happier message 🥹

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 21, 2024

Hi @Gina Novoa

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

By default, Jira does not track deleted issues and deleted issues are lost forever. To prevent it happening again, you can try Restore Deleted Issues app developed by our team. In order for this app to work, the app must have been installed before the issue is deleted.

After you install this app,

• Both bulk and single issue deletions are logged.
  • You can see when and by whom issues are deleted.
  • You can recover summary, description, comments except attachments.

Below you can find an article about tracking and restoring deleted issues in Jira.

How to Track and Restore Your Deleted Issues in Jira

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 17, 2024

Hi @Gina Novoa 

You might consider some workarounds for the future:

• Backing up your projects
  • Getting an app with a restoring option from the marketplace

Some articles on this topic:

Jira Cloud - Restore Issues & Site from Backup

Jira Cloud: How to restore deleted issue?

Jira Regular Backups and Issue History Tracking: Must-Haves to Protect Your Data

Suggest an answer