How to get rid of "custom field (custom field name)" within the csv export?

Luke October 25, 2019

So I am currently Setting up a new jira Project for one of our departments.

The want to Export certain issues based on pre-built filters to Excel (which leaves us with "Export to csv (current fields)" which is perfectly fine).

However: Since this Projects relies heavily on custom fields, the Export is littered with column headers like this : "custom field (custom field name)".

Is it possible to have just the custom field Name as a column Header within the csv Export?

Plugins etc. are not an Option, and neither is digging around in the jira Code.

Kind regards,

Luke

2 answers

0 votes
Luke December 12, 2019

The excel export suddenly appeared again, I'd assume my colleague is responsible for that.

From what I remember you could reactivate it in the "shadow options" or whatever their name was.

So anyway, the problem has been resolved, in mysterious ways, but still.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2019

The only option would be thru post-processing of the CSV. You could simply find and replace all "custom field" w/ "" and the "(" and ")" w/ the same. do this only on the header row.

Luke October 25, 2019

I was afraid that this would turn out to be the answer.

Personally I wouldn't mind, since most things you import into excel need to  be refined to some degree by the user in a lot of cases.

Thanks for the quick reply though :)

Keith May 26, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey, I asked the same question here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-get-rid-of-Custom-field-fieldname-text-in-Export-to-Excel/qaq-p/1155124

I see that for Luke exporting into excel/non-csv is an acceptable option, but I need my export in CSV. How do I go about elevating this request to Jira folks?

The need to export the text 'Custom field ()' is entirely unwarranted and results in yet another time-suck to cull out said-text.

How do I get this issue on Jira's radar for a fix?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021
Like Keith likes this

Suggest an answer