How to get rid of 'Custom field (fieldname)' text in Export to Excel?

Keith August 15, 2019

Greetings,

This may be more of a feature request, but when using Excel to fetch data from Jira...

(as seen in  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Fetch-data-from-JIRA-to-excel/qaq-p/198786)

...I don't understand the reason of having the text 'Custom field' as part of the exported csv column header. This is completely useless, unwanted text that I then have to spend time combing out.

In what scenario does anyone actually want this text included? None! :) People only want their column header name as it displays in their Jira filter.

Is there a fix for this I don't know about, or can Jira add this as a feature request to remove this unwanted/unnecessary text from csv exports?

Get Rid of Custom Field.PNG

5 answers

1 vote
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 27, 2021

If the built-in CSV export doesn't suffice, you can give Better Excel Exporter, a professional Jira Excel exporter app a try, if you don't insist on the CSV fileformat. It's way more flexible than the built-in export and comes with many prepared templates for typical business use cases. You can browse the Excel export examples here >> 

jira-issues-all-fields.png

0 votes
Seb May 26, 2021

Is there a solution for this in the meantime?

0 votes
Keith October 25, 2019

Hello, does anyone from Atlassian read these?

0 votes
Keith August 26, 2019

Hello, Atlassian?

0 votes
Keith August 20, 2019

Does anyone from Jira have an reason/answer?

Suggest an answer