How do i delete a project?

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Setting up your service desk

How do i delete a project?

4 answers

1 vote

1. go to the project, find the admin section and select "delete project" from the options at the top right.
  2. go to the admin's list of all projects (not the plain user project list) and select "delete" from the options to the right of the project

Bear in mind that deleting a project kills it completely.  If you have any doubts that you may need any of the data in it again, take a backup first, because that's the only way of recovering it.

I am not able to find admin tab and then delete tab

At the very top-right is your avatar icon. Next to that is a cog (gear) icon. Click the cog.

The dropdown says JIRA ADMINISTRATION.

Choose Projects in that list.

The Actions column in the Project row will have a delete link.

@Jolene Hey, at the top right gear Icon only gives me some option to hide something.

My avatar is on bottom left. There is an Administration section, but it has no entry related to projects or deleting them. There is no JIRA ADMINISTRATION option, and yes, I am every kind of Administor (and I'm also the owner of the account)

Me too I cannot find the admin TAB, this is so not helpful.

Nevertheless, it is a correct answer.  Since it was written, Cloud has had the UI changed to something that makes it a lot harder to find stuff, including the admin sections.

Look for the settings cog on the left to start with, while you're in a project view.

Thank you Nic, I will keep trying, if I find it I will post it.

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], my avatar is on bottom left. There is an Administration section, but it has no entry related to projects or deleting them.

At the top right in a project, there are the dots in a grey box, but clicking on them only gives me an option to "Hide cover image", whatever that means.

and yes, I am every kind of Administor (and I'm also the owner of the account)

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Champion Monday

In the admin section, go to the list of projects, that will have the delete option

Go to your DASHBOARDS ---> Click on SETTINGS ---> click on PROJECTS --->click on PROJECTS again ---> the Vwalaaa you can see the DELETE option there to click on.

very odd, the option was missing, and suddenly it became available. The only explanation is that even though I am account owner, I didnt have the right privileges by default and after I added them, they still didn't take effect until much later.

No wonder everybody has problems. The system is set up by default for account owners not to have the right settings. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Service Desk

Wy are we still using email for Service Desk workflows?

...attest to the experience of an urgent approval that gets lost in the boss’s inbox and requires that special “Please Approve” email or text message. In an age where we have distributed teams...

113 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you