Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you link 2 Jira Cloud Instances?

We have acquired a company who also uses Jira Cloud Premium.  Over time, we plan to migrate some of the projects in their instance to our larger instance.  In the short term is it possible to link issues from their instance into our instance?

1 answer

Hi @Alex Hadden-Boyd

This is what I found, As a Jira administrator, you can activate issue linking to let your team create links between relevant issues across all Jira applications on your site. Here's the documentation for your reference: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-linking/ 

Cheers,

Kevin.

I don't think that is what I need.  I have two different Jira Cloud instances and I want to be able to link between them.  I'm an admin on both instances.

The documentation that states 

To Link an issue on another Jira site

You can't do this in the new issue view just yet. Click the issue key to go to the full-page view (if you're not already there) then click through to the old issue view at the top-right to complete this process.

Your Jira administrator will first need to configure fully reciprocal application links between your two Jira sites. To create a link to another Jira site: 

1. Open the issue that you want to link to. 
  2. Click more (•••) > Link > Jira Issue.
  3. Choose the relevant Jira site and the type of issue link.
  4. Enter the issue key or search for the issues you want to link. Note that you can link to any issue that you have access to on the other Jira site. 
  5. Check the Create reciprocal link option to create a link back to the original issue from the issues you just selected. issue. For example, if you create a "blocks" link type to issue ABC-123, the reciprocal link generated on ABC-123 will be an "is blocked by" link type back to your original issue.
  6. Add a comment to describe why you are linking these issues and click Link.

Doc: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/link-an-issue/ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you