Stop Notification if action taken by a certain user

Krzysztof Kiser August 14, 2020

Hi,

I've recently set up some automation rules on my projects. Some of those rules add comments to the issues, so I created a new account "Jira Automation" and use this account for commenting.

Is there a way to disable notifications for any actions taken by the Jira Automation user?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2020

Hello @Krzysztof Kiser ,

To remove a user from the notifications you need to set up the notification scheme in a way that the user is not directly set to receive a notifications.

But as mentioned by @Prince Nyeche , its not currently possible to directly remove a single user without managing the entire scheme.  but we do have the following Feature request in place for Cloud and server respectively to add this functionality in place, make sure to add a vote to help us track interest for prioritization as covered int he Implementation of New Features Policy :

Regards,
Earl

Oliver Moore July 12, 2021

Hi Earl,

Though this answer has been accepted, I'm not clear it addresses the question. As I read this, the request is to prevent comments made by the Automation User from triggering a notification. 

The "noise" from automation isn't just limited to this, it's also on state transitions etc. For example, despite setting the notification scheme on a transition from resolved > closed to be Empty as per https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Disable-email-notifications-for-a-specific-transition/ba-p/919541 I still get a notification that the issue has been modified by automation from jira based on the Issue changed notification.

The feature requests you've listed seem to be about omitting people from notification type, what I (and I think the OP) wanted was to stop a specific user triggering notifications at all.

I haven't found a solution for this - is there a feature request for this?

Regards,

Oliver

Like # people like this
Richard Mann October 1, 2021

I second @Oliver Moorepoint here, I think the request has been misunderstood. I also want to stop activity from one user (an automation user in this instance also) from triggering notification emails.

Like Jacob Seppanen likes this
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2022

I concur. The question was about the triggering / originating user, not about the recipient.

In my case, I want to see updates from humans, but not from bots.

Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2022

Solved: Disable emails from Automation for JIRA (atlassian.com) covers it from A4J. but that's not the only bot in my system,

0 votes
Answer accepted
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2020

Hi @Krzysztof Kiser 

I don't think that's possible. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events