Resolved date (without resolution)

Petr A May 6, 2021

Hi there!

Looked in filters and smart values, but did not find the ability to track the date of moving to green status (Done, Resolved, Canceled, custom status).

The only similar solution was to use the resolution setting date {{resolutiondate}}, but this is not suitable, because these statuses have no resolution.

For new tasks, I made a trigger that reacts to status changes and sets the date {{now}}, but for old tasks I can't figure it out

Has anyone implemented something like this?
Thank you!

1 answer

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Hi @Petr A,

As a best practice, you should make sure that any green (done) status does have a resolution. It is the resolution that is making the difference between open and resolved issues in Jira rather than the status. If you manage to fix that issue, you will be able to refer to {{resolutiondate}} in automation correctly.

For old tickets, not having this in place will indeed hurt a bit. Setting the resolution post factum will set the current date for resolution date, as this is a system event you can't control.

Petr A May 6, 2021

Hi @Walter Buggenhout 

Thanks for your answer, 

Yes, it's true, This is the whole catch.

It turns out that there is basically no difference between green and other statuses, and this is only visualization.

It would of course be great if there was a smart value that allows you to get the date of transfer to the green status, since a priori this seems to me to be a resolved date.

Because there is the same resolved date {{resolved}} and the resolution date {{resolutiondate}}, but it seems to me that these are slightly different things.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Hey @Petr A, nono. Resolved and resolution date are the same. Afaik they are aliases for the same field. 

Suggest an answer