Is it possible to set different email to send notification by project

China infrastructure February 7, 2021

We have service management project and software project. While service management project need to send email by sd@xxx.com, and software project need to send email by dev@xxx.com. I've defined outgoing smtp with sd@xxx.com. I tried to set email address in software project with dev@xxx.com. however, the notification of software project doesn't work. So, is that feasible to set different send mail from address by project.

Thank you!

Ryan

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2021

Hi @China infrastructure ,

I am not aware if you can do that out of the box for server. You could always use an add-on like Automation For Jira or ScriptRunner to send your notifications. I know Automation will let you mask who the email comes from and you can do that per email.

Ryan February 7, 2021

I see, definately, seems Jira does not support out of box. I checked a few posts, someone has made it by gmail function, instead of by jira. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-Outgoing-email-address-based-on-project/qaq-p/228515

Thank you anyway!

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer