How to set re-occurring tasks

Veronica Treto August 31, 2022

Hi There!

Is there a way to create a re-occurring task? For example, each month I need to reconcile the books - I would like to move this from in progress to done each month but do not want to have to re-create the task or move it back each time. 

If it is placed in the 'done' swim lane, is there a way to automatically create the same task in the 'to do' lane? 

Thanks! 

4 answers

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 6, 2022

Hi, @Veronica Treto !

I suggest you read our article about recurring tasks and ways to deal with them.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hi Veronica - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Here's an article that I wrote that will do exactly that.  :-)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Creating-a-Flexible-Recurring-Task-Issue/ba-p/2040862

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Ηι @Veronica Treto and welcome to the community!

You can do that with jira automation, or with a PF within the workflow of the issue type. E.g. if you have a specific issue type which you want to create, you can setup an automation:

• Set Trigger: Transition issue to status "done"
  • Condition: If issuetype = you_specific_issue_type
  • Action: Create a new task of the same issue type
0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2022

Hi @Veronica Treto,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Yes, you can achieve this by using automation and set it to trigger when your task is moved to done. I have a similar one that generates recurring tasks when a new sprint is created and it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 1.04.51 PM.png  

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2022

Have a look at this question for more information

Like Veronica Treto likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events