How to restore deleted issues

Vaishali Sharma June 14, 2022

Hi,

One of my project admin's deleted the issues from backlog. Can we restore those back? 

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2022

Once issues are deleted, you can't get them back.

3 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2022

Hello @Vaishali Sharma 

Issue History for Jira can help to solve your issue. It track issue changelog and help to restore issue fast and easy.

How to store the deleted issues in JIra.png

Here's an article with the detailed information on how to restore deleted issues.

This add-on is developed by my team. Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Hope it helps

1 vote
Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2022

Hi @Vaishali Sharma 

I realize it has been almost 4 months since you posted your question.

Once you delete something in Jira you have lost that data forever be it issues, attachments or any of the configuration objects.

Thats what inspired us at Revyz to build an app for simplifying backing up your cloud Jira instance which includes issues, attachments, comments, configuration objects and more.

Please visit our market place page to see all things we can help you with protecting your data in your Jira cloud instance - Revyz Backup & Restore 

Additional information is also available at - Revyz Backup & Restore for Jira Software Cloud

I would love to get your feedback on what we are doing and how to improve given an opportunity.

Thank you

1 vote
sevidev July 23, 2022

Hello @Vaishali Sharma !

With our Who deleted my issues app you can have a record of deleted issues, restore them, know who deleted them and more options.
Feel free to try it out and contact us if you have any questions or suggestions.
You can contact us through the email contact@sevidev.com or our support portal.

Best regards.
Benito.

0 votes
Nino Enukidze October 25, 2023

Hello,

By default, Jira does not track deleted issues, which are lost forever. To prevent it from happening again, for Jira Cloud, you can try User Activity Audit Log. 

You can check more details in the article as well: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/How-to-restore-deleted-issues-and-track-audit-logs/m-p/2509087#M21327

You can try the app and if you have any questions and/or suggestions, please let us know via this thread, by opening a ticket on our Service Desk and we can schedule a demo for the application.

Best regards 

Nino.

0 votes
Danny Grenzowski _Rewind_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 25, 2022

Yes, you can automatically restore them with Rewind, available on the Atlassian Marketplace: 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1226389/

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
June 14, 2022

Hi @Vaishali Sharma

By default, Jira does not track deleted issues and deleted issues are lost forever. To prevent it happening again, you can try Restore Deleted Issues app developed by our team. In order for this app to work, the app must have been installed before the issue is deleted.

After you install this app,

• Both bulk and single issue deletions are logged.
  • You can see when and by whom issues are deleted.
  • You can recover summary, description, comments except attachments.

Below you can find an article about tracking and restoring deleted issues in Jira.

How to Track and Restore Your Deleted Issues in Jira

Hope it helps.

Vaishali Sharma June 16, 2022

Thanks . It helps.

Like # people like this
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
June 16, 2022

If you're satisfied that my answer answered your question, could you mark it as accepted, please?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events