Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do you import release versions via csv?

When I imported my issues into my project via csv, I used the column FixVersion to specify my version.  This creates a version in the project, however, the status, start date and the released date don't get populated.  I don't see a jira field to map to these fields.  Is there a way to import versions with the attributes of status, start and release dates either within an issue import or by a release import?  I have only been able to get my versions created by mapping the FixVersion field.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

You'll need to first create the versions and set them up the way you want.  When you import the data, choose to map the values in the CSV to the versions that you created in Jira. It's tedious, but it should do what you want. 

Hi Dave, I have the same issue when I use CSV importing method to import all issues into a project on a Jira Cloud site. All the 'released' status of versions are shown as 'unreleased', the start date and release date is missing, and the Description field is populated with the version numbers rather than the original descriptions. 

Could you explain in more details of the solution you suggested? Thank you!

I'm looking for this option too?

Would like to be able to 'import' our planned Releases with

• Version name
  • Release Date
  • Description

Seems to me that the accepted answer is not valid.  Original poster is trying to use the issue import function to create the versions - not create them and then edit them individually.  I would like to know how to create a new version with dates and description upon importing as well.

exactly, im waiting for the answer

Like Debra Jones likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events