How do I make old jira view sticky (permanent)?

Dmitri Korobov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 5, 2021

New release is showing the panel on the right in the "new view" which is for the most part useless. There is a way to click back into old view, but it's not sticky, you have to change that on EVERY page. 

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi, @Dmitri Korobov !

Look through the similar question and documentation:

From Mar 31, 2021, we’ll be moving all users on the old issue view in Jira Cloud products (Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Jira Core) to the new issue view — which means you won’t be able to switch back to the old view anymore.

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Hi Dmitri,

Take a look at this earlier post - there is some information to help you see a ticket in the old view for now, but you will not be able to default it permanently like it was.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-do-I-make-the-old-view-permanent/qaq-p/1678292#U1686080

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hello @Dmitri Korobov 

Welcome to the community.

As @Alexander Bondarev points out and you have seen, you cannot permanently switch to the old view.

I would encourage you to use the feedback button at the top of your JIRA issue screen to provide detailed feedback to Atlassian about your concerns with the new issue view.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 8.17.56 AM.png

If you tell us about your specific concerns here, perhaps community members can suggest some alternatives.

Dmitri Korobov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 5, 2021

Thank you, very unfortunate. My entire team is not "very happy" with this new view. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events