Grant permission to bulk transition issues

Sheri July 12, 2018

We are using Jira cloud version. I am set up as an administrator and a site-admin. I need to perform bulk transitions. 

On the project permissions page 'Transition Issues' permission has been granted to the Group site-admins, but when I go to the Bulk Operation wizard I see N/A for Transition Issues and 'NOTE: You do not have permission to perform a bulk transition ..'

Please let me know what setting I need to change where so that I can perform bulk transition. 

Many thanks, 

Sheri

5 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2018

@Sheri

Bulk Changes are a Global permission. They are found under 
Settings
System
Global Permissions

Menu cascade.png

Make bulk Changes.  Make sure you are in one of those groups or use the Add Permission at the bottom of the page to add a group.

Jira Software Cloud Bulk Changes.PNG

Sheri July 12, 2018

Thanks! Now that this question has been answered, how do I set it to solved?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2018

You can click on the grey check mark next to an answer to set it as an accepted solution. @Mikael Sandberg's answer solved your issue, so click the check next to his. 

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2018

Just click the check mark next to the answer and it will mark the question as solved:

answered.png

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-articles/How-and-why-to-accept-a-solution-to-your-question/ba-p/656156

Sheri July 12, 2018

Thanks! It is difficult being a newbie :-)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2019

@Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_ : More than just AUG Breakfast sessions :oD
Thanks for this knowledge share. It helped a lot !

Burak Oluroğulları September 15, 2021

Dear Kimberly,

I am in administrators group and administrators group have granted to use bulk actions in global permissions. However I can not do bulk actions.

you can see screenshots below;

https://imgur.com/a/S7XxRGf

Thanks in advance,

Burak

Ben Racicot March 13, 2023

Thank you Kimberly! You should be teaching the other mods how to answer questions!

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2023

You're quite welcome!  There are many accomplished Mods here and I'm pretty grateful to be in such company.  Thanks for being part of the Community. :)

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2018

Hi Shari,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Check your workflow to see if you have any restrictions on it that only allows a specific user/project role/group to perform the transition.

Sheri July 12, 2018

Hi Mikael, 

Thank you for the warm welcome, and for your answer. The problem was indeed with our workflow. We have it sorted out now. 

2 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2018

Hi,

Under Global permissions, you can see Make bulk changes permission. Please check this permission for whom all this have been enabled.

You can check global permissions @ /secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa path of your cloud instance

Sheri July 12, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion. It turned out the problem was with our workflow restrictions, not with the bulk changes permissions. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2018

@Sheri

Glad you found the solution!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2019

This was handy for those of us not experiencing workflow challenge :D

0 votes
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2019
0 votes
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2019

This is why I LOVE making great use of community... after changing 30 issues manually I "got off my arse" (still sitting down actually, LOLz) and looked up the Bulk Changes on Community.....🤩🥇👍

Check this beauty of a screenshot ! !

Untitled.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2019

Nice!  WTG @Andy - PTC Redundant!

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2019

Thanks Kimberly!

Suggest an answer