Grant Permissions is gone...??

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2019

According to this helpful Q&A I should be able to change Bulk Change permissions under Settings -> System -> Global Permissions:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Grant-permission-to-bulk-transition-issues/qaq-p/843251

I was able to do this until just recently, but now I do not see the necessary tabs under settings! 🤯 It's like entire UI has changed on my end... many tabs I use regularly are suddenly missing.

[I am the Jira Cloud Admin, with all Admin rights]

Anyone any ideas...!? 💭🤔

Fail.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

Hi Andy, from the images you seem to be under the user management area. Are you sure you went to Jira > System > Global permissions?

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2019

@Jack Brickey :
Yes, I thought so... but now that I retrace steps I cannot do Jira > System > Global permission

Strange.

Looks like I am missing certain Administrator rights... check this - what do you make of that!?
Looks like I can only manage users and check billing:

Fail2.jpg

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2019

@Jack Brickey : 
I logged into my secret Admin account that I kept on a different e-mail just for emergencies and it's all fine..... thanks for assisting anyway! :oD

Jira > System > Global permissions does work now I am in an account with the right Admin rights! Cheers.

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2019

Ah...... now I know the full problem and it's a fun one: my domain is connected to our mother company's domain.
I seem to have about 95% of my admin rights, but some stuff I cannot do. I feel a loooooong Support Ticket with Atlassian coming my way, because I went through this all with the other Admins just recently and with no joy.... ^sniff^ ðŸ˜¢

Oh the joys...! 😉

Suggest an answer