Getting duplicate slack notifications from JIRA

Recently we have started to get double comment posts from JIRA into our Slack channels.

We are running JIRA Cloud and using the project integration to create the desired project-channel associations.  Everything was working as expected last year and has only started to behave this way recently.

I've reviewed all project integration settings and can't see anything wrong and there haven't been any changes we've made.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas on what we might be able to do to correct this behaviour?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks Soon Van. 

I followed up with JIRA Support and it appears that they know about this issue and are investigating. 

Here is a link to the bug report ticket -- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68452

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, please go to the bug ticket and vote it up.

This widget could not be displayed.

Seeing the exact same thing as what you describe. No changes made from our end, it just started up with double-posting.

Someone else here is as well: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-Cloud-comments-notified-twice-in-Slack/qaq-p/702146

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,492 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you