Duplicate messages on Slack when creating tickets

alicja_raszkowska November 7, 2019

We started getting three Slack messages for every ticket created. Other JIRA notifications work as expected.

We haven't changed the integration settings and there is only one instance of the integration enabled in the channel.

Any pointers on how we can fix it?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2019

Hello @alicja_raszkowska ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The behavior you are reporting seems similar to the one described in a bug we have already fixed:

However, in the last comment of above bug ticket I can read:

We had the same issue, Then I tried

/jira info

on the channel that I was getting duplicate messages on and clicked on the link (Manage Subscriptions). we had two subscriptions to the same project under project subscriptions subscribed by the same channel. Deleted one of them and we no longer receive duplicate notifications from Jira.

Can you kindly check if that's the same case for you or if it is something different?

In case that's not the same case. Can you send a screenshot of the configuration screen?  

Cheers,
Dario

alicja_raszkowska November 21, 2019

Hi!

I checked the issue you linked, but there is only a single integration in our Slack.

Regardless, the issue seems to have resolved on its own since I reported it. We haven't seen multiple create messages in the past week.

Maybe it was a temporary race condition or connectivity issue with the Slack API?

I'm not sure if it's worth digging into since it seems transient. I'll post if it pops up again.

Cheers.

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2019

Thanks for your quick reply @alicja_raszkowska 

If the issue is not happening anymore I agree that there is not much that can be done at the moment. However, please update this thread in the next days in case the issue will happen again.

Cheers,
Dario

James Glover May 17, 2022

This issue started happening to us starting on April 26th. We made no changes to either Jira or Slack. In the morning it was posting just one message to Slack then midday is inexplicably started double posting on ticket create.

Any new channel we try to test it on also does the same. We have no mail handlers. We are upgraded beyond the version it is said to have fixed the issue. Anyone have any other idea?

Admin October 13, 2022

Hi @James Glover  is this issue resolved, we are having same issue with our Jira server?

Any suggestions??

LeeJay Dillon October 13, 2022

Hello, 

We also started having the same issue today. Any resolutions found for the issue?

Mario Toncer October 13, 2022

Greetings,

same issue as Admin and LeeJay Dilon.
Just started happening today.
If anyone has some info it would be appreciated.

hannah.brooks October 13, 2022

This also started happening to us around the same time on the 13th Oct. Are there any resolutions?

Gian Nampi October 14, 2022

Additional users affected by this issue as discussed here Slack receiving duplicate notifications 

lnoelstorr October 14, 2022

Also seeing this issue

Like Chris Jerabek likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
October 14, 2022

There was an issue with Slack that might have caused this behavior:

Our internal teams have been informed and are looking into this.

Like # people like this
Chris Jerabek October 17, 2022

The Slack issue mentioned was fixed last week.  We still are experiencing duplicate notifications.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2022

As already mentioned by @Gian Nampi , please upgrade to the new version of Slack for Jira Server (3.0.2).

For more details see:  Slack receiving duplicate notifications Edited .

Winnie Lee September 27, 2023

It is having duplicated notification again! is there any any solutions?

0 votes
Edgar Pusklevic October 19, 2022

same issue , new version already 3.0.2.
any ideas how to fix this ?

0 votes
Gian Nampi October 17, 2022

As advise to upgrade to new version 3.0.2 of Slack for Jira Server.

More info here: Slack receiving duplicate notifications Edited .

Suggest an answer