It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Duplicate messages on Slack when creating tickets

We started getting three Slack messages for every ticket created. Other JIRA notifications work as expected.

We haven't changed the integration settings and there is only one instance of the integration enabled in the channel.

Any pointers on how we can fix it?

1 answer

1 vote

Hello @alicja.raszkowska ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The behavior you are reporting seems similar to the one described in a bug we have already fixed:

However, in the last comment of above bug ticket I can read:

We had the same issue, Then I tried

/jira info

on the channel that I was getting duplicate messages on and clicked on the link (Manage Subscriptions). we had two subscriptions to the same project under project subscriptions subscribed by the same channel. Deleted one of them and we no longer receive duplicate notifications from Jira.

Can you kindly check if that's the same case for you or if it is something different?

In case that's not the same case. Can you send a screenshot of the configuration screen?  

Cheers,
Dario

Hi!

I checked the issue you linked, but there is only a single integration in our Slack.

Regardless, the issue seems to have resolved on its own since I reported it. We haven't seen multiple create messages in the past week.

Maybe it was a temporary race condition or connectivity issue with the Slack API?

I'm not sure if it's worth digging into since it seems transient. I'll post if it pops up again.

Cheers.

Like Dario Bonotto likes this

Thanks for your quick reply @alicja.raszkowska 

If the issue is not happening anymore I agree that there is not much that can be done at the moment. However, please update this thread in the next days in case the issue will happen again.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you