Deleted project, but unable to permanently delete

Ken Deering April 21, 2020

I deleted a project and saw it in Trash over several days with the expiry counting down to zero. I recovered it to cut and paste an entry into another project then deleted it again. Then the Trash option disappeares when I chose Projects from the Settings icon. The project came back with no issues but I couldn't delete it again. See screenshots below...

ProjDelete.jpgNoDelete.jpg

Now the trash is back but I can't permanently delete it. Now when I try, I get an email from Jira:

We could not delete this project.

It is probably a temporary problem. Go to trash and try again.

I do with no change in behavior

3 answers

1 vote
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2020

Hi @Ken Deering ,

Thank you for reaching out, and the behavior you are running into is a New Bug that was recently reported by multiple other users starting Monday, some more details can be seen in the following threads:

Our Dev team is getting ready to push out a fix, which should go out later today, contingent on testing. 

Incase there are any delays in the roll out, for tracking I created following Bug report to keep an eye the progress of the fix, please add yourself as a watcher to get updates, and this fix will be rolling out really soon:

Regards,
Earl

Ken Deering April 23, 2020

I've become a watcher and will wait for the fix

0 votes
Piotr CHMIELEWSKI July 9, 2021

I am still having the issue right now (Jira Cloud, July 2021). It's a double issue actually: 

1. I can send a project to Trash, but cannot delete it permanently: "We couldn't delete this project. It's probably a temporary problem. Go to trash and try again."

2. If I restore the project from Trash, I can see it on the "Projects" list, but I can't access it: when I click on the project, I get "This project isn't available. It may have been deleted or your permissions may have changed. View a list of all projects" (I am a global admin)

Logging out and clearing cache didn't help. 

This is critical, it makes Jira Cloud unusable in our company.  

Thank you in advance for a quick fix.

Andrei Maroz July 18, 2021

Did you get any feedback? I have absolutely the same problem. And as I can't delete a project I can't migrate it from Jira server because migration check is saying that the project already exists in the Cloud.

Piotr CHMIELEWSKI July 19, 2021

Hi, apparently there is still no fix, but I created a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ and the support people deleted the project for me "for good"... Good luck 👍

Andrei Maroz July 29, 2021

Looks like the project is deleted in some time. At least the project I was deleted finally dissapeared in 30-40 minutes

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2020

Hi @Ken Deering ,

The Fix has been rolled out to your instance tied to the email used on this thread already, can you double check and confirm everything is fully functional on your end and that the project deletes without issue.

Regards,
Earl 

Suggest an answer