there's an issue that I could not upload or attach a zip file in ticket

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

@Carmen Yee- be sure your file doesn't exceed 25 MB and make sure you don't use long names in the attachment or symbols. Also make sure that you have permissions to attach files and you're logged in.

Carmen Yee January 18, 2021

thank you! it works now after I changed the file name. Thank you!

Like Mihai Schwarz likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2021

Hi @Carmen Yee 

What error exactly are you getting when you attach a file.

It would help us understand what the issue is. 

Carmen Yee January 17, 2021

this is what I get when I am trying to attach a file

Screenshot at Jan 18 15-48-31.png

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2021

Hi @Carmen Yee 

Access the issue directly, click Attach as suggested by @lucasmay to add the attachment directly to the page first rather than attempting to attach via a comment.

You can then reference the file you uploaded in your comment, rather than doing this directly from comment itself (this is a workaround).

As for the error you see, this can be caused by a few things:

• Invalid character in the name of the file attached,
  • File larger than the allowed attachment limit, to name a few
  • Make sure you are not copying the comment from a text editor to avoid actual wrong formatting as JIRA often does not handle copy and paste if the paste introduces items it cannot handle.

The exact cause of this issue could also just not be any of the above as this error is caused by various things and is still being reviewed by atlassian, see:

I will suggest also raising a ticket with Atlassian directly as then they could help you check the logs to ascertain what the actual cause is here.

Regards.

Carmen Yee January 18, 2021

Cool! it works now once I change according to your comment. thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events