ACP-420 Certification´s Documentation

Sofia Quintero May 16, 2022

Hello

I have a doubt about ACP-420 exam . I can´t find a book documentation for preparing the exam. The only resources is the Atlassian University's training catalog?

4 answers

3 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

Correct!

The university training is the only exam prep you can get. Other than that you can spin up trial environment and play with that.

While the exam prep guide will help in what to study, the study material itself pretty much consists of 

• Your experience
  • the Atlassian documentation
  • Your trial environment
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2022

Hi Dirk,

Remember when we were prepping for ACP-120?  The University course is just on admin, it's not exam prep - and I'm sure you remember how brutal the questions were.  Can someone actually prepare for the exam using the Atlassian University course alone? 

Like Sofia Quintero likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

Hey @Rob Horan !

I definetly remember! Thats pretty much what I was going for.

The exam prep guide is more like an index of topics of what content you will need to study (and gives you some very very high level information)

Then you would need to use the documentation and (if the course has it a lab guide) to just experiment on those topics. The documenation would almost be your book.

The example questions then again give you a good understanding of the type of questions that will come on the exam.

That's why for me the exam prep guide is a nice little addon but if you have the subject in the pdf for the certification and experience (never underestimate experience) you can study the documentation and try out things on your trial environment.

Just listening/reading the exam prep guide without any additional effort will not get you a pass.

Sofia Quintero May 16, 2022

Thank you for answer @Dirk Ronsmans @Rob Horan , 

I agree that the preparation to certify should be as complete as possible. But my question is specifically if Atlassian still continues to provide official documentation for certification? Where can I find the guide and LAB book? Or do I have to buy the exam to access the material? Or should we just take the Atlassian University courses?

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2022

@Sofia Quintero ,

To prepare for the ACP-420 exam, we recommend these resources, which are also listed here:

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Atlassian University Team

Like Taranjeet Singh likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2022

@Julia Please consider this.

Managing Jira Service Projects costs $400 - That's a LOT of money for a course that isn't even geared towards helping prepare for the exam.  The other prep courses, faults and all, at least are considerably easier on the wallet. For example, the ACP-120 prep course is $50.  People are often paying for exams and prep material out of pocket.

Like Hera Carman likes this
Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2022

Hi @Rob Horan , I agree with you and we're working on a plan to address this during 2022. 

Like Rob Horan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2022

@Julia That plan worked out very well!

$39 is quite reasonable!

Like Benedikt Dollinger likes this
0 votes
Marta Kopij March 6, 2024

I am getting an error siging up for this course. anyone else?

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2024

@Marta Kopij I assume you mean the Managing Jira Service Projects course. It is available. If you still have issues, please open a service ticket.

And just in case you're interested, we just launched  the Atlassian Certified Associate - ITSM with Jira Service Management Foundations certification prep path for the associated certification exam: ACA - ITSM with Jira Service Management Foundations

Marta Kopij March 7, 2024

i cleared cache and it worked. thanks for your quick answer. @Joanna Thurmann 

Like Joanna Thurmann likes this
0 votes
Bradley Hartman July 19, 2023

I have been studying for Atlassina 420 for about a month.  Followed the list of classes couple of questions or suggestions

- the course should be teaching more to the exam with the JIRA 520 it was more geared to the exam.  Also more video content reading is one thing interactive is even more important to learn from. 

-   interactive labs would help also with the free versions you only have a limited feature set if you want to get to the level to pass the exam and play you need more access. 

- More test questions to practice with I know the 40 or so questions give you an idea but with the style of questions that are being provided which can be tricky getting more of a feel even if it is just as part of the educational process it could help with gaining of knowledge and passing.  

-biggest thing is a true lab environment designed for the course to learn the material for thethe student. This will make better professionals and avoid people from playing the old find the test bank game.  Quaility professionals should be the utmost of what atlassian is looking for :) 

Brad 

Alexis Heritage September 23, 2023

Yeah, I do have some issues with the 420. With the other exams I feel like there is more material that is both external and internal that provides more help and guidance to the exam. I have taken 2 attempts at the 420 now. I took it 3 weeks ago and got a 57%. I scheduled my retake for 2 weeks out and studied more. I went super in depth in my studying and learned so much more and felt like I knew enough to be able to pass this time. I took it today and got a 58%. 

At the moment I am at a wall with trying to figure what to do and review to improve as I have looked over everything on Atlassian and I am unsure how to begin to review to prepare for a 3rd attempt. If anyone has any advice or help it would be greatly appreciated. I really want to get this certification, but it is getting really discouraging seeing that I was right on the cusp of passing.  

0 votes
JORDI ROMERA AGUILA November 5, 2022

Would someone be so kind as to send me the ACP-420 Lab Workbook? I am completing the course at the Enablement Academy but there is no Lab Workbook and I think it would be useful to pass the exam.
Thank you very much!

JORDI ROMERA AGUILA November 5, 2022

My email is jromera@atsistemas.com. Thank you!

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2022

Hi @JORDI ROMERA AGUILA ,

If you have access to the enablement academy, you're employed by an Atlassian solutions partner, which means you get to access the courses at no cost, but there are no lab workbooks.  As an Atlassian partner, I'm willing to bet that your employer would pay for the on-demand course and cert fees once you pass.

JORDI ROMERA AGUILA November 6, 2022

Thank you very much Rob.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events