Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Object Creation form be dynamic?

Thomas Laryea IV
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2024

Hello,

I am working to create a database within Assets, and I was curious as to whether or not I can make the object creation form dynamic. For example, say I have an employee filling out their own Employee object and they want to input the projects they've worked on over the years. Can I have it so once they click on a project they worked on (Booker in the example below) the form will ask a follow up question such as how many years they worked on the project, and this is then tied to the attribute?

Screenshot 2024-07-24 144651.png

In the screenshot above this is how I would like it but instead skills it would say years worked on project and then this could be tied to the attribute Booker.

I have the premium version of Assests if this is relevant to the problem.

Please let me know if this makes sense or more clarification is needed! 

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Christopher Yen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2024

I don't believe Jira asset objects support dynamic fields yet. You can possibly use a Jira Service Management request type using forms to get the dynamic question functionality and have a rule to update the selected object based off the entered values

Thomas Laryea IV
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 25, 2024

That sucks, I'll have to give JSM a try. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events