Roadmap: visualize dates for individual issues

Deleted user February 25, 2020

In the new JIRA roadmap I can see a date block (red block in screenshot) for the Epics created, but not for the individual issues belonging to that epic.

Individual issues have also start and due dates set

Screenshot:Screenshot 2020-02-25 at 17.45.43.png

What I want to do is add several epics, e.g. Infrastructure, Mobile App, Integrations,... and add individual issues to these epics with start and due dates and visualize dates of individual issues on the roadmap

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user February 25, 2020

Ah I just saw this related issue which explains this is currently not possible

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Next-Gen-project-roadmap-task-due-date-visualization/qaq-p/1304549

Pat Trainor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2020

Love how a feature, a very essential and basic one, was stripped out over 18 months ago, lots of votes to restore/fix, and saying it isn't in the 'next-gen' (allegedly a step forward, not backward) is listed as "Solved".

Like # people like this
Taylor Fry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 20, 2020

Agreed this is bullshit.

Gabriel Ernesto Moya Bravo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 25, 2021

Hey Atlassian legends! First of all thank you for your dedication on enhancing the platform. It seems to be much faster. 

To get a Epic done we need to finish a whole lot of issues you know? Not only user stories that are fairly big and take months to be done. We need to face obstacles, new features, bugs, dependencies, just to name a few. Having this feature would help us Project Leaders, Managers and up to see what is making us run late or how a priority change will have an impact on delivery dates. 

You will most likely free the whole industry from having to create a separate Excel Sheet to manually update the same information or having to replicate it un a group chat with stakeholders and so on. Personally I have to replicate the same information in three different styles because of the lack of this feature as Pat and Taylor described. 

Let the world see in only one place what is happening with every decision. This will skyrocket the relationship between IT, UX and Business stakeholders around the globe. 

Enable true enterprise agility folks! 

Appreciate much if you could do this for humanity.

If I there is anything I can help you guys out with this I would be glad to extend how we are using your product and why this will change the way we see what are we doing for the product and how we are doing it. 

Giada Noè July 2, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events