Watcher Autofill Does not work for some users

Maria Murphy February 13, 2013

A user has brought to my attention that the autofill for the watchers list is not working. It does not display options when he starts typing, he has to result to finding out what the JIRA user name is for someone and then typing it in which is very inconvenient.

His account and the project permissions are set up to allow him to manage the watchers and once he has figured out the user name, he is able to type it in and add it to the watchers. The autofill DOES work for me (although I'm a jira-administrator and he and other folks experiencing this are not). I have been able to replicate this when logging in as his JIRA user.

Autofill DOES work for assigning issues so I don't understand why it doesn't work for watchers. The jira.ajax.autocomplete.userpicker.limit=5000 is sufficient, so it isn't that. We do not use external user management such as LDAP or Crowd.

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

Does the user have the "browse users" global permission?

Maria Murphy February 18, 2013

Hi Christian,

You are correct. Atlassian suggested the same thing, and I just went in and made the change. Thanks!

Chris Adams July 1, 2014

Thank you, I had forgotten about the global permissions and was going about this all wrong for hours trying to set permissions schemes that never worked driving me up the wall. This resolved my same issue as the OP.

Suggest an answer