Updating time spent in work log marks issue as fixed?

Brian Kotek August 16, 2011

We're using the IDE connector from Eclipse 3.7 to work with JIRA issues. Everything seems to work well with one major problem: if I check the box to Log Work Done and enter time spent (or let it enter a value for me based on how long the task was active), the time is uploaded to Jira, but THE ISSUE IS ALSO MARKED AS FIXED. I have to go into Jira, mark it complete, then re-open it.

The task is still marked as "In Progress" even though the resolution is now "Fixed". I didn't modify anything else in the task except to add time, so I definitely did not accidentally mark it Fixed.

Any ideas? Could there possibly be something up with the Jira server that would do this? Or is this something wrong with the connector?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Jacek! Sorry, it does actually look like the problem is on the server, not the connector. For some reason the admins had the resolution required on the edit page (defaulting to fixed) so any update via the connector was also marking the issue as fixed. They're changing this so I hope that will remove this problem.

Sorry to bother you and thanks!

jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2011

No problem. I'm glad it will work for you.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2011

Hi Brian,

I cannot quickly reproduce the problem. Do you use standard workflow? If yes then can you give me step by step instruction? What is issue state just before submitting work log? Can you make sure that your action section at the bottom of the issue editor is unchanged?

Thanks,

Jacek

0 votes

To add, if I go into Jira directly and add time, this does NOT happen. So it doesn't seem like a workflow issue on the server, but rather something the connector is doing.

Suggest an answer