Restrict a user to access or view issues only for the project to which the user is assigned

Sujit Sawant August 2, 2012

I would like to restrict user belonging to once project to access issues for a different project. Additionally the user should be able to view only the issue for his project in the activity stream too.

I have tried creating different groups of user and assigning them to respective projects; yet the users are able to select the other project and view issues belonging to the other project in the activity stream.

Please let me know how to configure the restrictions

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2012

There's some more info about how Jira does permissions, and links at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/74269/granting-access-to-individual-projects

0 votes
Pranjal Shukla August 2, 2012

Hi Sujit,

The best way to do this is to configure Project Roles and "Permission: Browse Project" should only be given to roles. Also, the suggested way is to directly associate users to roles not via groups because there is a possibility of the groups being used somewhere else in other roles as well.

~Pranjal Shukla

Suggest an answer