IDE connector create jira issue fields problem

Apparently the "Create issue" feature does not care about configured create screens or hidden fields, and just tries to tank them in there.

I have a project which does not use "Component/s", "Affects Version/s", "Fix Version/s", "Original Estimate" and "Priority".

Trying to create an issue in this project basically gives me an exception telling me that I HAVE to have those.

Can this really be right? I would expect lot's of people remove a couple of these fields to clean things up.

It's version 3.0.10 of the plugin, and it would amaze me if, after 3 major versions, custom field configurations are unsupported.

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is indeed the case that the connector has hardcoded fields that it is trying to set when creating issues. This will be fixed soon: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/PL-2845

Best Regards
Janusz Gorycki

(IntelliJ connector on PHPStorm 6)

0 vote

I'm not that familiar with the connector, but check the UI - does the project demand these fields when you try them directly? If it does, then you need to amend your field configuration to make them optional. (I suspect this is what's happening, but I can't be sure if the connector is also demanding the fields irrespective of Jira config)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked yesterday in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

64 views 3 4
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you