IDE connector create jira issue fields problem

Ibmurai May 1, 2013

Apparently the "Create issue" feature does not care about configured create screens or hidden fields, and just tries to tank them in there.

I have a project which does not use "Component/s", "Affects Version/s", "Fix Version/s", "Original Estimate" and "Priority".

Trying to create an issue in this project basically gives me an exception telling me that I HAVE to have those.

Can this really be right? I would expect lot's of people remove a couple of these fields to clean things up.

It's version 3.0.10 of the plugin, and it would amaze me if, after 3 major versions, custom field configurations are unsupported.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Janusz Gorycki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Hi,

Unfortunately, it is indeed the case that the connector has hardcoded fields that it is trying to set when creating issues. This will be fixed soon: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/PL-2845

Best Regards
Janusz Gorycki

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2013

I'm not that familiar with the connector, but check the UI - does the project demand these fields when you try them directly? If it does, then you need to amend your field configuration to make them optional. (I suspect this is what's happening, but I can't be sure if the connector is also demanding the fields irrespective of Jira config)

0 votes
Ibmurai May 1, 2013

(IntelliJ connector on PHPStorm 6)

Suggest an answer