Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Articles in Atlassian community?

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2018

I am about to create an article about a user macro i have developed recently. 

but i can find a way to create article in community. is there a level that we should achieve to create an article? 

I only have ask a question and start a discussion options available. 

thank you in advance. 

screenshot-community.atlassian.com-2018.04.02-14-52-30.png

4 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2018

You have to be granted the permission to write articles, as the community wants to be sure that they are a bit more authoritative than "anyone can write it".

@Monique vdBand @Erica Moss are the people to talk to

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2018

thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- this helps :-) 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 2, 2018

@Alana Fernando Nic is correct! I hope you will work towards becoming a Community Champion.  :) In the meantime, you can publish this as a discussion. I'm sure the community would be interested to learn about your macro!

Like Vikram Sathish ASOKAN likes this
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2018

thanks @Monique vdB :) i am on it! as you said it would be helpful to publish the content as a discussion.

Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2023

Hi @Monique vdB ,

Last few days, I am also trying to add a article content But I am not able to get the create option.

Could you please help me on it.......?

Regards,

Sanjen Bariki

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2018

You need to get a role of a Community Champion or Marketplace vendor.

You can find more information here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Forum-articles/How-to-become-an-Atlassian-Community-Champion/ba-p/658008

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2018

thanks @Alexey Matveev i'm on it :-) 

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2019

How can I get the role of "Marketplace vendor"? The provided link does not explain it. 

Thanks,
Jack

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2018

well i found below information fromConnect, share, and learn with other Atlassian users and experts page

Articles

Long-form blog-like content, such as case studies or user-generated how-to content, finds a home in articles. For now, articles are an experimental feature of Atlassian Community; as such, we’ve limited the ability to create articles to a small group of users.

does anyone know how to get the feature enabled? or when will this feature get usable for everyone :-) 

Natalya Ozhigova April 25, 2022

Thank you so much. It exactly what I'm looking for.

2 votes
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events