Default Watcher to issue

Sony June 20, 2013
how to set default watcher to the all issue of particular project?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2013
Sam Alexander June 9, 2014

This is the first result for many Google searches on the topic. It may be better to expound on the issue within this answer.

Like # people like this
David Baboo November 7, 2014

Say it Sam! I second your sentiment.

Like shaijujanardhanan likes this
Ayelet (888) June 29, 2016

I third smile

Mark Sanchana August 21, 2019

Me to!

2 votes
Prateek Sharma May 6, 2015

You can do it by adding new notification scheme and assign it to your project. In notification Scheme, you can control different notification events, notification types and whom to notify? More details can be found here

Manage Notification Scheme

Ayelet (888) June 29, 2016

that's a great idea!

Like Iswaren Mardenalom likes this
Iswaren Mardenalom May 6, 2019

That's THEE idea. Way simple that adding script, code, plugins or anything.
Go into the notification scheme and update the notification you want.

In my case, I update "Issue updated" and added user manually with the "Single user" option. It does not add people as watch list but it will notify people anyway.
Easiest way when all management people want to be notified.

0 votes
Nirosh Perera October 16, 2020

Create default Watchers for Project which is effective automatically at the creation of each task of that project:

1. Fist have all the people added to your project by:

>> Project Settings >> People >> add users as required 

2. Then add default users from the people you have added in the project:

>> Project Settings >> Automation >> Create rule (find: Right top corner) >> Select the trigger: Issue created (or you can any other trigger as required) >> Save >> click - Add component >> New Action >> Type: "Watcher" in All action search box >> select: Manage watchers - it comes after search >> Click : Add these watchers - select all the people you want to give this viewing privilege >> Save >> Click: Rule details >> Give a name to rule >> Save >> Click: Rule details >> Click: Publish rule at top right corner.

0 votes
Ravi Shah March 25, 2020

Hi @Sony ,

You can achieve this by means of automation rules.

I was able to add a default watcher by simply creating an automation rule at the event (trigger) of New Issue Created, followed by certain conditions which are called components in automation rule config. No Plugins are required to do so and we can choose this rules at global level or at project level as well. BTW the rules are very cool to do lot of stuff automatically. 

HTH :)

Suggest an answer