watchers for every issue

Diane Arsenault August 7, 2012

Hello Friends,

Your favorite newbie here! I have a very basic question. I have a project lead who has made the following request: Can we build a default list of watchers for the project? We have a group that should be made watchers for every issue.

Here is what I think: I can make a list of users and give them certain set permissions. There isn't a project role called watcher.

Thoughts? Thanks. Diane

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

You could also create a new role if you prefer that to adding a group:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Roles

0 votes
Ravi Shah March 25, 2020

I was able to add a default watcher by simply creating an automation rule at the event (trigger) of New Issue Created, followed by certain conditions which are called components in automation rule config. No Plugins are required to do so and we can choose this rules at global level or at project level as well.

HTH :)

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

I think Bug watcher plugin does this. We used to use a Component Watcher plugin too which watches components.

Howveer, you can probably get the same watcher functionality by adding groups directly into notifications provided you can create a new notification scheme for the project. This becomes painful if you want this functionlity for all projects and that is when the plugins will help!

Suggest an answer