Custom field and Tab that has been configured is not displaying

Lisa DeGross July 30, 2015

Created a custom field and added it to a new tab. The tab is appearing on "create issue" but not appearing when i view the issue. Any suggestions?

3 answers

0 votes
Lisa DeGross July 31, 2015

i have noted when i add an epic link to the ticket it will move to the tab but this particular one is not in need of an epic

0 votes

yes it has data, and it listed on all views. I can have verified it is listed on View- When using the "wheres my field" assistance on the view screen it shows all present and actually shows on the view screen and not in a separate tab like in the create or edit screens.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2015

I'm a bit confused now - you're saying it appears on the view screen, but the question was about it not appearing? What type of field is it, and where does it appear on screen?

in create- it exist on the tab where it is placed. on a view screen ( not edit) it appears on the main screen - not in the tab where placed. If an epic is attached to it , it then appears on the tab where it is intended. It is custom field- text field ( mulit line) with the wikki style renderer

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2015

Ok, that makes it clear, sorry I didn't get it before. It sounds like you are using a different screen for View and Create, and while the Create screen has the tabs with the field in it, the View screen has had it added to the default/main tab.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2015

Does the field have data in it?  View won't display empty custom fields.

Also, it it on the "view" screen as well as "create"?

Suggest an answer