It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do you resolve or close an issue in a next-gen project?

Stephen Melrose I'm New Here Apr 05, 2019

Our team are long time Trello users, and this past week we decided to try using Jira due to some of the benefits it would bring us.

We're using a next-gen project, and so far have everything working how we'd want/expect. We have enabled roadmap, backlog, estimation, and pages.

One thing we just can't seem to work out is how to (in the Trello venacular) "archive" an issue, i.e. "resolve" or simply "close" an issue.

I feel like I'm being really stupid here as I just can't find what I assume is a very simple option. When I click the menu button on an issue I can see the option to delete, but I can't see any options to resolve or close. When I select delete, the dialogue box asks,

You're about to permanently delete this issue, its comments and attachments, and all of its data. If you're not sure, you can resolve or close this issue instead.

Can you even resolve or close issues in a next-gen project? Is there a setting somewhere else to enable this functionality?

2 answers

1 accepted

Stephen Melrose I'm New Here Apr 08, 2019

Either the language in the "Delete" dialog is incorrect or this has to be an incoming feature. I must admit, not having the ability to close or resolve issues (i.e. duplicates) is really disappointing.

Like Mike Sanderson likes this
Jason Stork Apr 11, 2019 • edited

deleted

1 vote
Jason Stork Apr 11, 2019

@Stephen Melrose The last column of the board is your resolution or done column.  The issues in this column with a checkmark will be removed from the column after 14 days.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Getting started with next-gen projects

If you use Jira Software Cloud, check out this article to learn about creating a next-gen Scrum or Kanban project. Next-gen projects is agile as you know it, and aims to combine the power of Jira ...

39,055 views 120 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you