It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Cannot close a ticket on next gen SCRUM board

Hello,

I recently set up a next gen scrum board and have a backlog, sprint and all the usual stuff.

I cannot however seem to be close tickets. There is no option for tickets, either in the sprint or in the backlog, to close a ticket. 

This is a relatively basic need as otherwise the backlog will become rather cluttered and unmanageable.

Can someone help? :)

Thank yoScreen Shot 2018-10-25 at 11.00.18.pngu !

1 answer

0 votes

Hello,

You should move your ticket to the most right column.

Thanks for the answer but in this case the ticket still shows in backlog view, and in the sprint. Furthermore, for tickets not in the sprint (so tickets on the backlog) there is no column to move them to: some tickets need closed before entering a sprint for example. 

Hello,

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you!

If you close this sprint, then these tickets will dissapear. Are you sure that you use sprints? Because if you do not use them then such tickets will dissapear after 14 days.

Hey Alexey,

I have a sprint and a backlog: I just want to be able to close tickets on the backlog before they enter a sprint.

Is this not possible on next gen scrum boards?

Thanks a lot!

I see. Click on the issue in the backlog and move issue to the Closed/Done status in the issue preview, which is open in the right part of your screen.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Introducing our first Kanban report for next-gen projects - Cumulative flow diagram!

Do you fail to meet your SLAs regularly? Do you have doubts about achieving your deadlines? Do you have trouble delivering value at predictable intervals? If the answer to any of th...

1,538 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you