use real dates, instead of friendly or cutesy dates

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2019

So on the backend, a lot of my dates are like "tomorrow" and "next week" and "2 days ago".

These are pretty useless.

Can i get it to please display real dates? I know if you mouse over you get a real date, but like why would anyone want to be so vague as to put "last week". OK when last week? you know what i mean!!!! you want the users to whip out a calculator to count back 4 days? what the heck is the point of that.

How do i make all these friendly or cutesy dates into real hard dates. Seems to display properly on the front end, just the backend has this weirdness.

Example:

cutesy dates.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2019
JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2019

man i cant do it per project? of course.. well thanks.

some people like these dates the way they are "relative" and some people do not. So since i cant do it on a per project basis i will just leave it like this.

And of course another thing to remember to copy back over during an upgrade no doubt.

thanks for the info.

0 votes
Paweł Cieślak April 12, 2023

Please simply click on a date in incident view. IT should change between relative to standard

It works for me :)

Suggest an answer