issue type is affecting other projects

Hello,

I have created a new workflow that would be for incidents.  However, when I create an incident in other workflows its telling me that I'm missing data from my original incident workflow.

How do I fix this?

1 answer

0 votes

Could you describe what is happening when you say "it's telling me that I'm missing data"?

Sorry Nic,

If I try to open up a incident ticket in another workflow, I get it missing fields that are on my main workflow. 

Um, you don't "open issues in workflows".  You create issues in projects.  The project's configuration tells the issue what workflow to follow, based on both the project and issue type.

Workflows have nothing to say about fields either.  Fields are determined by project and issue type as well, and are a bit more complex.

This may be a case of JIRA-speak, but when you're saying "workflow", I don't think you mean "workflow".

Could you explain this in more JIRA-centric language?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

457 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you