how to resolve Please make sure your browser has third-party cookies enabled issue?

Please make sure your browser has third-party cookies enabled and then try again using the button below. Don't refresh the page.

3 answers

0 votes

Hi Naredra,

I have seen this come up a few times on the Cloud and here is what you can try:

1. Clear the cache and try to log in again
  2. Lower the cookie security settings in the "Privacy" tab on the browser configurations section
  3. Lower the cookie security settings in the "Privacy" tab on the browser configurations section.
  4. Enabling the Protected Mode to on in IE could mitigate the problem.
  5. Use another browser

If the error persists, please enable the Third-party Cookies and try to log in again.
If it doesn't work, try adding these addresses to Trusted Sites:

Also, do you use Privacy Badger extension? There were cases where it was killing third-party cookies. If you do please disable it and try again.

If all the above fail to address this issue please provide the URL for your Cloud instance and I can investigate further.

Cheers,

Branden

Branden,

I am having the same issue. My URL is https://staplesems.atlassian.net. I have been using this URL for months with no issues. Nothing changed in Chrome that I am aware of (no new plugins, etc.), but yesterday this started happening.

I have my settings for cookies set to "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" which I do at the end of each day. I even manually cleared my cache. Still have the issue.

I added the Trusted Sites. Still have the issue.

I run both ABP and Privacy Badger. However, I have them turned off for this URL and they have been turned off for months. Still have the issue.

It seems that something changed on your end over the weekend. I made no changes to my browser settings over the weekend. The URL worked on Friday and now it doesn't work starting yesterday (Tuesday).

Please tell me how to fix this as I have no desire to switch browsers or to run two. 

Turns out it was an issue with Privacy Badger. It seems that JIRA passes the user through some sort of intermediate page that started referencing a new third party. While that intermediate page was loading, I noticed that Privacy Badger was active. So I moved the slider to green for that site in PB. Now it is working.

My https://questsapp.atlassian.net/ drops me the same message (((

I have no idea how to break through it

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,098 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you