It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Harvest ticket plugin has stopped working. Third party cookie / whitelist error Edited

This used to work just fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now I just get the following error after signing in to Harvest via the popup that appears when clicking the signin button: "Please make sure that third-party cookies are permitted or that harvestapp.com and platform.harvestapp.com appear in your whitelist."Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 06.52.20.png

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hey all! I found the issue!

Chrome version 79 (beta channel) is testing a new Cookie format. You can override it by going to chrome://flags in the browser and disabling the SameSite by default cookies option.

Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 3.43.36 AM.png

It seems that with new versions of Chrome, websites need to specify a SameSite attribute for how to handle cookies. It actually needs to specify SameSite=None in order to enable third-party usage.

It seems that something major is coming in the next version of Chrome OS though:
https://www.chromium.org/updates/same-site

🙌nice one!!

Nice! thanks for this 🙌

Happening here as well, anyone figure out how to make it work?

Cheers!

I'm having the same issue in the Trello desktop app for macOS – has anyone figure out a work-around there?

Same issue on Safari, any suggestions? Thanks!

Unticking the 'Prevent cross-site tracking' option under Preferences > Privacy in Safari  (MacOS) seems to resolve the issue.

Like Alexandru_Motoc likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you