how to create button for users to create additional set of given fields

Uno Sandera March 16, 2017

I'm creating a ticket issue for travels. Users usually have multiple trips which require them to check-in to multiple hotels, flight to different planes to move to different locations.

3 answers

0 votes
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2017

Out of curiosity what is your current process (without JSD)? Does the user email their desired itinerary to you to be processed / approved? In such case you can start by providing just a text area. I know it's not optimized to structure the itinerary item, and has no city / date picker etc but at least you benefit from JSD's SLA, queue, workflow and approval.

0 votes
Uno Sandera March 16, 2017

Thanks Nicklas.  We're using it internally.  My problem is if i create 3 sets of fields for hotel ( 1 field for hotel name, 1 field for checkin date, 1 field for check out date ), that will make my ticket form too long.  In addition, the fields for air travel which consist of 3 fields as well.  If I create another 3 sets of field for the airplane, the form will be as long as could ever be.

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2017

You need to look into available plugins if that is suitable but out of the box there is no functionality to enable more fields on a button. You could look into creating a screen on transition but that is when you use JIRA internally.

Keep in mind custom development is not the best approach for the Cloud offering.

Suggest an answer