function "testPlantTests" in JQL doesn't unable

Caroline Peret February 4, 2021

[JiraCloud]

I would like to see with a JQL filter all the Test Execution link to a specific test plan. 

Documentation recommended to execute this type of JQL : issue in testPlanTests("ECTR-142") but the result is "Unable to find JQL function" 

Any idea ? 

3 answers

1 vote
Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2021

@Caroline Peret Hi Caroline, 

what application for TM do you use? 

Caroline Peret February 5, 2021

Xray

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Hi @Caroline Peret 

The Xray Cloud and Xray Server are two different products since the architectures, Cloud and Server, are very different. Although we want to have the same feature set on both apps, some features are not available on one of the platforms (due to architecture differences).

And this is the case here; the JQL functions you refer are only available on the Server.

Since you are using Xray Cloud, please use the Xray Cloud documentation as reference (https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/About+Xray) for the product features.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Anna Lucovsky March 28, 2022

Hi @Rogerio Paiva 

I'm trying to use a JQL containing testPlanTests and I get 'Field 'testPlanTests' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it' on the Server.

Could you please advise what could be the issue?

Thank you!

Anna

0 votes
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2021

Hi @Caroline Peret Welcome

Your query issue in testPlanTests("ECTR-142") will result out all the tests related to the test plan "ECTR-142"..it will not give you the associated executions to a plan.

for your error - JQL not found, this is mainly due to a version issue of your Query engine.
There could have been an update in your Query engine (like scriptrunner) check with your Jira admin about this topic, hence you get such an error.

check this old thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-fix-the-this-error-message-Unable-to-find-JQL-function/qaq-p/228340

Note: Accept an answer when you get an answer, I removed the accept answer from this thread, because the previous answer was more of an investigative question rather than an answer :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events