find jira version on cloud

phil harman December 13, 2016

I am unable to locate JIRA version # on Cloud while looking in  system > troubleshooting and support .  See attached image.   I need this information to help troubleshoot an issue with Xpand IT.

JIRA System SCreenshot.JPG

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2016

You're on Cloud.  So it's always "latest". The answer "Cloud" should be all Xpand IT needs to know.

The version number doesn't matter, it's updated every few days, and is diverging from the Server versions anyway.

Florian December 5, 2017

Help Icon >  Jira credits. The retro pixel graphics shows the version number at the top left corner. The current version now: 1001.0.0-SNAPHSHOT

Sneha Khobragade April 18, 2018

JIRA 1001.0.0-SNAPSHOT Credits  is this version

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2018

Still doesn't matter, that could change any second, and also is not updated on some changes because it's irrelevant.

When working with Cloud, the answer to "what version is it?" is just "Cloud"

Like Rick Mohan likes this
jamesmiclee February 5, 2020

Deleted user June 10, 2021

When working with Cloud, the answer to "what version is it?" is just "Cloud"

Yes, but when you get a questionnaire from an info sec and compliance department that wants to know, it's tough when they don't get it. 

And they want to know you're office WiFi is secure.... And you have to explain that all your employees work remotely...

But I digress. :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2021

It's a good digression. We enjoy the war stories!  I have been exactly where you have been here, and you're in good company.

There are a number of techniques I've used in the past for dealing with questions where people are following a script and demanding useless information instead of being secure.

With this one, I fall back on "Broken Record" when they're refusing to do their job properly.

• What's the version?
  • Cloud
  • What version?
  • Cloud
  • No, we want the version
  • Cloud.  The version changes every 2-6 weeks most of the time, we have no control over that, and no control over which version we are using (we can delay a release by up to two weeks, but so what).  Please explain, given that, why you think the physical version matters?
  • Please tell us the version
  • Cloud. 
  • But what version?
  • Cloud.  A different version arrived while I was typing this.  It's still Cloud.
  • What were the old and new version?
  • Cloud last week and Cloud now.  
  • But what were the numbers?
  • Cloud and Cloud
  • If you don't answer this, we'll sack you.  
  • It's Cloud, I have answered, my case for constructive dismissal is probably going to play out a lot worse for you than I
  • etc
Like Maria Castillo Lopez likes this
Deleted user June 11, 2021

Ha, yes. I mean, you can usually find someone technical on the 'other side of the fence' who knows what you are talking about, but the infosec/compliance people are often working with outdated questionnaires. You have to go up or down the food chain to find someone who can understand you. 

It's ok, it makes me feel smart.  :)

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2016

You can find the current version by selecting the help icon

image2016-12-13 16:4:38.png

then from the menu of options

image2016-12-13 16:5:17.png

Select About JIRA and this should show you a screen similar to the following

image2016-12-13 16:6:8.png

It is worth noting that this also gives you the version numbers for all the plugins installed as well as JIRA.

Daniel Tomberlin May 15, 2017

I looked in that location, ( ? ) > About JIRA and found under the License Information for JIRA > JIRA v1000.962.0. So I'm on version 1000, lol? I was looking for something like v6 or v7 since I'm on Cloud, but I'll take Nic's word for it in the accepted post.

Steve O'Hara July 18, 2017

They used to show you the date at which the last update happened but now the only way you can determine that is by the fact that you wake up one morning and find something has got broken in the night.

Last nights release managed to break our site logo... 

0 votes
jbispo May 28, 2019

Hi,

good afternoon everyone, can you help me? we have Jira on my company

I have one certification valid to site . exemp: jira.company.com.br  I need to put https: //

Can someone help me? Please?

Thank you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2019

This has nothing to do with this question.  I'd suggest searching the docs and here for the answer (Atlassian has a standard doc for "run atlassian applications with SSL", so start with a search for that), and asking again if you get stuck when following those docs.

rakib sakib October 9, 2019

Yeah 

0 votes
Florian December 5, 2017

Help Icon >  Jira credits. The retro pixel graphics shows the version number at the top left corner. The current version now: 1001.0.0-SNAPHSHOT

Suggest an answer