create user directly in jira cloud version without invite

Hi,

We have a jira cloud version in our company. Starting with 10 users.

Q1 : how can I create a user without invite. I mean create a user directky in jira ?

Q2 : I want to have the business keyusers to view the issues (just a view). how to do it ?  do I need a license for them ?

grtz,

thx for you help,

2 answers

Hi @Saeid Gharakhaninia,

Q1: on Cloud, creating and inviting a user is more or less the same thing. The process for creating (or inviting) a new user is described here. You can decide if you want to send a mail notification with instructions for the new user or not by checking the box at the bottom of the creation form.

Q2: Your business users will need both application access to Jira (and this makes them need a license indeed) and browse project permission on the projects that contain the issues they should be able to see. For more information on project permissions, see the documentation here.

Hi Walter,

Thx for your quick reply.

The first link to the doc's is not working. Please check.

regarding Q2 : I thought that the on-premise version does allow to create a view only user without license.

Grtz,

Hi @Saeid Gharakhaninia,

Fixed the link, thanks for the catch!

Regarding Q2, Jira Service Desk allows customers to access without a license through the customer portal. This is a specific use case for customer service though which I did not immediately link to your initial question.

Hi, Thx,

Just to be clear,

The jira service desk tool (licensed) is the only way to grant access to the jira issues (view only) for the business people.

Correct ?

Grtz,

No, no,

Sorry if I created confusion there. Please refer to my initial answer to Q2. This is about Jira Software or Core. Your business people will be able to have read only access if they are licensed users (i.e. are granted application access) to Jira Software/Core (where your manage your issues) and have browse project permission on the project(s) that contains the issues.

Jira Service Desk only entered the picture as a reply to your unlicensed access question. But I do not believe it is relevant for your use case.

Hi Walter,

Ths for reply. I do understand it. If the user has a LICENSE than is everything OK.

I have almost 50 business users and I want to give them a view (display) right. Base don your reply, I need 50 extra licenses. It is not a good new :-(

thx,

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

73 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you