how to export to csv

Last week I was able to export issues to CSV format.  Now that featue is missing from the export dropdown list.  How can I export to CSV?

11 answers

Hello. I understand how this can be confusing because there are several types of "Export" drop downs. For exporting issues you can export to .csv by following these steps:

1. Go to the board or project you wish to export
  2. On the left side, click on Issues
  3. On the top right of your screen, click on "View all issues and filters"
  4. On the top right of your screen, click on the "Export" drop down.
  5. You can export via Printable, Full Content, RSS, CSV, XML, Word or Dashboard Charts.
    image2017-2-20 13:52:54.png

I hope you find this helpful!

I am using JIRA Cloud version.  The screen print of the Export dropdown menu looks nice.  I have taken a screen shot of what I am seeing in the exact Export dropddown menu.  There used to be a CSV (all fields) option last week.  Now it is missing.

Very weird, I've still been able to export as CSV without error (I haven't updated my Software yet)

We are on JIRA Server 7.3.1. The only export options we have available are XML, Word and Printable.

jiraexport.PNG

I would be happy having either CSV or Excel, but currently there is nothing. Any idea what to do?

this is a very bad decision

I will move elsewhere ... no excel export? are you kidding me?

I am also experiencing this. I do not have any option to export to HTML either.

Any ideas? Solutions? 

Same issue here. This is a massive inconvenience for our team.

Hi, we have the same issue

We are also using the JIRA Cloud and suddenly export to CSV went missing breaking a couple of major flows.

Does anybody from Atlassian even care to answer here or are they totaly out of reality already?

Is it time to switch to another solution of a vendor that actually cares about its customers?

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion May 30, 2017

Hi Petr,

did you already open a support case for this? This platform here is a user based community, not the official Atlassian Support. Most of us are just users like you. Atlassian people do read and answer here also, but there is no SLA for the community platform.

You can reach Support here:

https://support.atlassian.com/

image2017-2-20 10:16:49.png

Hey Nic,

maybe your admins updated your JIRA application to a newer version?

Have a look at this

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/41472351/jira-7.2.x-excel-export-gone

Cheers,

Julian

I am using JIRA Cloud.  I am the admin.  The feature to export to CSV was available last week.  Now it is missing.  Did the Cloud version get updated to remove this feature?  Is the option now available in a different menu location?  If yes, how can I export to CSV?

We are also using the JIRA Cloud and suddenly export to CSV went missing, breaking a bunch of follow-up processes in the organization. What's the official word on this? Where / why did it go, is this a bug with JIRA Cloud or a conscious decision to remove it?

I was struck by this problem today too, but apparently if you export issues as HTML, the resulting file can be imported into Excel or Google Docs without any problems, with some unnecessary styling though.

Did someone solve this problem? I got the same issue, where export to csv or xls is missing from my cloud instance. I am the admin, I do not have any clues on what happened? Any suggestions would be of great help

Hi All,

We expereinced the same issue, quite an annoying feature to take away. Feels like a very eco-system lookdown type of feature change...

As previously alluded to we currently export to HTML, open in excel, apply formatting and still achieve the same operational outcomes. This currently works well and if anyone has problems don't desitate to ask.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

491 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you